Overnight No-Knead Bread
2 cup AP Flour
2 cups Bread Flour
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp active dry yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ¾ cups warm water (100* F)
1. In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients. Add water and mix until a shaggy dough forms. See photo above for reference.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it sitting out at room temp for 14-18 hours. It should double (and sometimes triple) in size and be very bubbly!
3. Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a tight ball. Sprinkle the top wit flour, and over it with a tea towel or plastic wrap and leave it to rest for 1 hr. It should double in size!
4. While your dough ball is resting, preheat your oven to 425*F. Place your Dutch Oven (*see notes below*) in the oven while the oven is preheating.
5. Carefully drop your dough ball into your got cast iron or dutch oven pot. You should flip it upside down, making the bottom be the top. This will give your bread that rustic crackly top!
6. Bake for 40 minutes with the lid on. Uncover and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes. The internal temperature of your bread should be should be 200*F
7. Allow bread to cool for AT LEAST 30 mins before cutting. Cutting your bread too early will result in a gummy texture.
Bread can be baked in cast iron skillet if you don't have an dutch oven, just lower the oven temp to 400* and bake for 50-60 mins.